Today the CIG crew announced a contest revolving around the Star Citizen/Squadron 42 t-shirts that were available as part of the kickstarter campaign (don’t worry, they also set it up so that those of us who didn’t get t-shirts can still enter/win). They’re spreading the competition out over a few different categories:
- Most Star Citizens. How many Star Citizen fans can you fit into a single shot? The team with the most Citizens wearing their official RSI shirts will win 10,000 UEC for each member pictured! Be sure to include the account name of everyone pictured when submitting your image.
- Most Creative Single-Player. Exploring the galaxy on your own? This category is for you! The most creative picture featuring a single Star Citizen will receive an Aurora LX spacecraft and 10,000 UEC!
- No Shirt? No Problem! If you didn’t sign up in time to pick up an official shirt, you can still enter… by making your own Star Citizen outfit! The winner receives an Aurora LX spacecraft and 10,000 UEC!
- Where’s Waldo… in SPACE! Wear your Star Citizen or Squadron 42 shirt in front of a famous monument, landmark or other identifiable place. The best picture will win an Aurora LX spacecraft and 10,000 UEC!
- Best in Show. Our single favorite image, chosen by Chris Roberts, will win an incredibly rare Vanduul fighter!
Obviously, ‘Most Star Citizens’ is geared toward the groups of players that know each other in RL, and live nearby so they can all meet up in a park, and take a big picture. For anyone who doesn’t live near 500 of their closest SC backing friends, we have the other categories. I really, really, hope they post more than just the winning entries, because ‘Most Creative’ could have some great entries, and it’ll be interesting to see what famous landmarks Citizens live near for the “Where’s Waldo” category.
You’ve got till October 2nd to get your picture entered, keep them family friendly – and high resolution! Submit pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
Time to break out your mad cosplay skills!